Jr. Underwriter / Assistant Underwriter
JUNIOR UNDERWRITER / ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the dynamic InsurTech industry?
Corvus is seeking an enthusiastic Junior Underwriter / Assistant Underwriter to support our team with our initial product launches: Smart Cargo Insurance and Smart Cyber Insurance.
A successful candidate will be extremely comfortable with technology and have a strong desire to join a growing team of professionals that is committed to improving P&C commercial insurance for brokers and policyholders.
- Log new business submissions and assist underwriters with quotes, binders, and policy issuance workflows
- Review submission materials and policies, ensuring that they are complete and accurate
- Frequently interact with brokers to follow up for outstanding underwriting information, process BORs, and respond to endorsement requests.
- Sign up new brokers to work with the CrowBar, the proprietary software platform of Corvus
- Handle and respond to broker queries in a timely fashion (emails the same day and phone calls within 24 hours)
- Maintain account files in accordance with company policy and compliance guidelines
- Assist underwriters in evaluating risks and determining if certain exposures fall within the scope of Corvus’ underwriting guidelines
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- The ability to work cooperatively in teams and multitask
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to broker queries
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Strong communication capability with good written skills and excellent verbal skills
- Adhere to company policies and practices. If they don’t work, suggest an alternative.
- Be well-liked and have a positive attitude
- Desire to learn about new technology and interest in commercial insurance
- P&C insurance underwriting and/or sales experience is a plus
Corvus believes in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
- Fun, creative, and energetic work environment
- Frequent employee social events (happy hours, office wine-tasting, catered team lunches, off-site retreats, etc.)
- Casual dress code
- Free and unlimited snacks
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Employer paid benefits
- 401(k) + employer match
- Convenient office location, just two blocks from South Station