Software Product Designer
Looking for an ambitious, early-stage company that is reinventing a sleepy industry using the latest technology?
Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Designer to join our early stage technology team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building our core software product. You will report to the CTO.
- You will design and develop digital experiences that delight our end users (insurance brokers, insurance buyers, and Corvus underwriting staff) and are collaborative with other team members (PMs and engineers) with the design process.
- You will design visualizations and display data from a variety of different data sources, including sensors, IoT (internet of things), security scans, and automotive data
- You will conduct user research and evaluate feedback and incorporate into your designs
- Strong design opinions, loosely held - You know how to advocate for users, but also how to problem solve for the good of the team and the specific project requirements and understand the business
- You will be an active, creative, agile team member that pushes new features and designs every iteration.
- Proven UI/UX experience
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and sitemaps using design sprints and lean ux principles
- Ability to do effective user research in various stages, ie. empathetic research all the way town to usability research)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Adobe XD, or other visual design and wireframing tools such as Sketch, InVision, etc.
- You're comfortable working at a startup and can contribute to help us establish a positive company culture
- You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
Corvus believes in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.
- Fun, creative, and energetic work environment
- Frequent employee social events (happy hours, office wine-tasting, catered team lunches, off-site retreats, etc.)
- Casual dress code
- Free and unlimited snacks
- Generous amount of paid time off
- Employer paid benefits
- 401(k) + employer match
- Continuous learning culture: video reading series, group study sessions, and ability to attend industry conferences paid for by Corvus
- Convenient office location near both Red, Green, Blue and Orange lines in Downtown Boston