Full Stack Software Engineer
Looking for a company that embraces new technology? Are you interested in Elixir, the Erlang VM, and the Internet of Things?
FULL STACK ENGINEER ROLE
Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our early stage technology team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building software systems that create actionable data for our users. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
- You will design and develop digital experiences that delight our end users (insurance brokers, insurance buyers, and Corvus staff).
- You will help build the systems infrastructure and integrations to manage insurance products
- You will integrate and display data from a variety of different resources, including sensors and IoT (internet of things)
- You will be an active, creative, agile team member that pushes new features and code every iteration
- Experience developing and deploying advanced web based applications and services into staging and production environments
- Desire to immerse yourself in our mostly functional framework: Elixir, Phoenix, GraphQL and Elm
- Programming experience with high level programming languages such as Ruby on Rails, Python, etc
- Relational database experience such as Postgres, MySQL, Redshift
- You write readable, quality code and make sure your tests are green before merging into master; you provide code reviews for your fellow team members
- You appreciate Devops (Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc) and the massive scalability provided by cloud computing and Amazon EC2, Amazon Lambda and Fargate
- You're comfortable working at a startup which moves fast with tight deadlines
- You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
Corvus believes in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply.