Looking for a company that embraces new technology, including machine learning? Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Data Analyst to join our Data Science team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building systems that identify and analyze actionable data for our users to consume.
- Assist data scientists and engineers in the ingestion, cleaning, storage and presentation of data and related findings from data
- Develop benchmarking reports and dashboards to share with our customers to enable them to understand, monitor and effectively manage their insurance risk.
- Help business areas develop internal performance metrics and monitoring dashboards to enable management business decisions, by cleansing and analyzing data from disparate sources
- Manage internal data reporting infrastructure, ensuring the availability of and accessibility to all internal data to all users across the organization
- You will help to integrate, understand, cleanse and analyze new sources of data and assist internal uses in accessing and understanding this data
- Manage the generation of reports required by our insurance partners, investors and regulatory agencies
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related role, including Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, or similar
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Looker, Excel, Power BI, etc...
- Relational database and SQL experience such as Redshift, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with processing and analyzing data in Python, R or other similar languages
- You are curious and able to adapt to different domains
- You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
- Fun, creative, and energetic work environment
- Frequent employee social events (off-site team building, catered team lunches, retreats, etc.)
- Casual dress code
- Free and unlimited snacks
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid benefits
- 401(k) + employer match
- Continuous learning culture: video reading series, group study sessions, and ability to attend industry conferences paid for by Corvus
- Convenient office location near both Red, Green, Blue and Orange lines in Downtown Boston
Corvus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.