Senior Underwriter - Cyber & Tech E&O
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the dynamic InsurTech industry?
Corvus is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Underwriter or Underwriter to grow and manage a book of SME business, focusing on risks earning less than $300MM in revenue.
A successful candidate will be extremely comfortable with technology and have a strong desire to join a growing team of professionals that is committed to improving P&C commercial insurance for brokers and policyholders.
- Underwriting, producing, and binding Cyber and Tech E&O business within Corvus’ SME underwriting appetite. Achieving premium production and sales goals while building a profitable book of cyber business
- Handling a large volume of new business submissions and responding promptly to broker requests
- Managing a support team of Underwriters/Underwriters Assistants
- Negotiating with brokers to close deals and following up outstanding quotes
- Creating a sales and marketing plan with the Head of Cyber Underwriting and identifying new business opportunities
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with underwriters, underwriting assistants and the Corvus management team
- Ensuring high quality service standards and compliance with all underwriting guidelines.
- Acting as a representative of the company by attending external company functions, industry conferences, and other industry events
- Minimum of 3 years of Cyber/Tech E&O underwriting experience
- Experience Underwriting other forms of E&O or Fidelity is not required but welcome
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to broker queries
- Strong broker relationships nationally, particularly with wholesale brokerages and large retail brokerages
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Strong communication capability with good written skills and excellent verbal skills
- Adhere to company policies and practices. If they don't work, suggest an alternative.
- Be well-liked and have a positive attitude
- Desire to learn about new technology and interest in commercial insurance
- Fun, creative, and energetic work environment
- Frequent employee social events (off-site team building, catered team lunches, retreats, etc.)
- Casual dress code
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid benefits
- 401(k) + employer match
- Continuous learning culture: video reading series, group study sessions, and ability to attend industry conferences paid for by Corvus
Corvus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.