Corvus is the family of birds that includes crows, rooks, and ravens - the smartest birds in the sky that create and use tools. Corvus Insurance brings digital tools to the commercial insurance industry, which is huge ($250 billion!) and has been mostly ignored by the digital revolution. We are dedicated to reinventing commercial insurance by using novel data sets to help us predict and prevent commercial insurance claims. We work to make the world a safer place as outlined in this short video we use to explain our value proposition to commercial insurance brokers.
Corvus is funded by Bain Capital Ventures, which is an active investor in FinTech companies and the emerging sector of InsurTech.
Corvus is looking for two or three Territory Managers to scale our initial product launch around the US. In this role, you will own and drive revenue by leading your team to acquire new business in key markets. You will also execute and implement our sales process and methodology, achieve your quota each month, and uncover strategies to coach and develop your team.
A successful candidate will be extremely comfortable with technology and have high emotional intelligence. That includes the ability to communicate new technology solutions to intermediaries at large commercial insurance brokers as well as end customers who may find some technology to be a challenge.
- Identify, develop, and follow up on new business opportunities in Smart Cargo and Smart Cyber product launches;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients, primarily commercial insurance brokers;
- Sign up new brokers to work with the CrowBar, the proprietary software platform of Corvus;
- Conduct broker training and presentations on CrowBar and Corvus insurance products;
- Build skills, confidence and trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement;
- Coordinate and schedule broker entertainment, including but not limited to marketing events, lunches, dinners, sporting events, concerts, etc.;
- Work with underwriters and brokers to resolve any issues that may exist such as customer service, policy wording, claims handling, broker relations, etc.
- The ability to work cooperatively in teams
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to broker queries
- Willingness to travel nationally to major cities
- High communication capability with good written skills and excellent verbal skills
- Adhere to company policies and practices. If they don’t work, suggest an alternative.
- Be well-liked and have a positive attitude
- Interest in future relocation to major cities a plus
- Software sales experience, financial services, or other sales experience a plus
- Fun, creative, and energetic work environment
- Frequent employee social events (off-site team building, catered team lunches, retreats, etc.)
- Casual dress code
- Free and unlimited snacks
- Paid Time Off
- Employer paid benefits
- 401(k) + employer match
- Continuous learning culture: video reading series, group study sessions, and ability to attend industry conferences paid for by Corvus
- Convenient office location near both Red, Green, Blue and Orange lines in Downtown Boston
Corvus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.